We believe that families are the foundation of all societies. By helping one family develop literacy and learning skills, we start a ripple of positive change, for that family and their community. The more families we support, directly through programs or by training other professionals, the more ripples we create. The more ripples we create, the more impact our work has on positive change in society.
Our work is supported by:
- Recognizing and valuing the strengths and experiences of every person we serve;
- Creating safe learning environments to identify, celebrate, and build on these assets, helping everyone reach their goals;
- Listening to and engaging people as co-creators of our programs;
- Being adaptive and flexible in meeting the diverse needs of the people we serve;
- Connecting learning to real life so it is relevant, practiced and shared with family, friends and community.
Definition of Family
Definition of Literacy
Literacy is defined as “Literacy is a continuum of learning and proficiency in reading, writing and using numbers throughout life and is part of a larger set of skills, which include digital skills, media literacy, education for sustainable development and global citizenship as well as job-specific skills.” (UNESCO, 2023).