Together adults work with other adults in safe and supportive settings to develop literacy skills and strategies that will help them achieve their goals. Our programs offer meaningful and relevant activities to connect learning to real life – work, family, community – in fun and practical ways.
Together, adults and children learn new skills, gain confidence and have fun! Our programs provide families with the opportunity to reach their literacy goals together in a safe and supportive group. Our programs build on their everyday family practices and provide them with new and engaging ways to include literacy activities in their routine.
This winter, programs are being offered both online and in person!
Sign up to Receive program and registration updates.
- Register for programs by clicking on the registration link.
- Winter session runs from January 9 until March 25, 2023
- Spring session runs from April 3 to June 24, 2023
- Fall session TBD
- Registration is to be completed by the primary caregiver of the child(ren)
Age groups are listed under each program on the schedule below
Family Book Club and 321 FUN! Book kits can be picked up by contacting the staff member listed in your confirmation email.
- 3 programs per family
- If you would like to register for additional programs please select the “waitlist” option in the registration form
- You will receive an email that your registration was received within 2-3 hours after you register
- Once your registration is approved you will receive a confirmation, including a Zoom link for online programs and a confirmation number or in person programs
- If you don’t receive a confirmation email within one week of registration closing, please:
- Check your junk mail or spam folder
- Search your email for email@example.com
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts
- Email us at email@example.com
- Online Family Programs are 30 – 45 minutes in length and run for 10 weeks (unless noted)
- In-Person Family Programs are 60 – 90 minutes in length and run for 10 weeks (unless noted)
- Adult Programs are 1.5 hours in length and run for 10 weeks (unless noted)
All ten week programs take a break between week 5 and 6 (unless noted)
Click here to view the system requirements for your device to use Zoom
One on One Tutoring
Would you like to help your child with their homework? Are you having trouble writing emails? Maybe you want to get your G.E.D. one day but you don’t know where to start. If you want to improve your reading, writing, or basic math skills to help yourself AND your family, we can help!
Register to work one-on-one with a tutor today!
Tutor Teams – Ages 18+
Do you learn better in groups? A Tutor Team has 2-3 learners paired with a volunteer tutor. Teams provide support for learners while working to build a community of friends. When you are in your teams, you can pick a common topic to enjoy together. Some examples are:
Meet new friends and discover a new TV series together! Meet online once a week with a volunteer tutor. Spend time watching a TV series, learning new words, and connecting with other learners. This is a fun way to make friends, talk together, and learn about new things every week.
What’s New in the News?
What is going on in the world? Meet online once a week with a volunteer tutor. Read the news together, learn new words and share your opinions! This is a great chance to get together with new friends, talk about what’s going on in the news every week, and practice your reading & writing skills.
A pen pal is a friend you write to, and they write back to you. This is a fun way to practice reading and writing letters through email, with the support of a volunteer tutor. You can write to your pen pal about your life, about the news, or about your interests!
Math Teams – Ages 18+
A Math Team may be right for you if: you learn better in a group; you are hoping to take the GED one day but have no idea where to start; if you’re a parent who wants to keep up with your child’s math learning; or if you have a general interest in improving your math skills.
Topics covered may include: counting, math vocabulary, operations with whole numbers, fractions, decimals, ratios and more. Learners will be placed in a “team” with similar math abilities, and will meet twice a week. Materials will be provided.
This is a great chance to brush up on your math skills while meeting new friends.
Register to work in a Math Team today!
Basic Digital Skills
Age 18 +
Join us as we help you learn new skills and gain confidence in using computers and other smart devices. This class will use the Google Workspace as a framework for learning basic skills. You will learn how to:
- Use your laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Explore social media and stay connected with family and friends
- Create a personalized photo journal
- Use online tools for work/school- including how to work and create in a Google document
- Know when information is true or “fake news”
- Find information online or sign up for a class
- Create a resume using a template of your choosing
- Any other computer skills you are interested in learning
Each class will have a practice session where you can practice new skills or meet with the facilitator for help with other digital learning you may have. We are here to help with
questions or technology skills you want to learn!
Each adult who registers will receive a FREE Kit for this program.
Adult Book Club
Have you always wanted to read more? Do you want to learn new words and meet new people?
Join us Mondays from 7:00 – 8:30 pm to read fairytales, poetry and graphic novels.
Join us Tuesday mornings from 10:00-11:30 am as we read a romantic-comedy novel that includes a little bit of family drama and a whole lot of fun!