Adults with Children Together
“If we are to raise literacy standards in any significant way, we need to do more to ensure that all parents have the confidence to support their children’s developing literacy and in so doing are encouraged to develop their own literacy.”
– Ruth Hayden, PhD, Professor Emeritus
Together, adults and children learn new skills, gain confidence and have fun! Our programs provide families with the opportunity to reach their literacy goals together in a safe and supportive group. Our programs build on their everyday family practices and provide them with new and engaging ways to include literacy activities in their routine.
Family and Adult Programs are being offered both online and in-person. Please visit the link below for more information about programs and registration.
If the program you are interested in is full, please choose the waitlist option. We can accept registrations from the waitlist, if there is room to add you.
- Register for programs by clicking on the registration link.
- The Centre for Family Literacy offers fall, winter and spring sessions. To find out the exact start and end dates, and for more information about the programs, visit the registration website HERE.
- Registration is to be completed by the primary caregiver of the child(ren).
Age groups are listed under each program on the schedule below.
Family Book Club and 321 FUN! Book kits can be picked up by contacting the staff member listed in your confirmation email.
- We ask that each family register for no more than 4 Family programs per session.
- You can add yourself to unlimited waitlists if programs are full.
- You will receive an email that your registration was received within 2-3 hours after you register
- Once your registration is approved you will receive a confirmation email, including a Zoom link for online programs and location information for in-person programs
- If you don’t receive your confirmation email one week before the program begins, please:
- Check your junk mail or spam folder
- Search your email for email@example.com
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts
- Email us at email@example.com
- Online Family Programs are 30 – 45 minutes in length and run for 10 weeks (unless otherwise noted)
- In-Person Family Programs are 60 – 90 minutes in length and run for 10 weeks (unless otherwise noted)
- Adult Group Programs are 1.5 hours in length and run for 10 weeks (unless otherwise noted)
- Adult Tutor Program meets with a tutor once a week, for about one hour
Click here to view the system requirements for your device to use Zoom
Yes, drop-ins are welcome to in-person programs until a program is full. Come check it out and register on site!
Ages: 0 - 6 years
This special COW Corner program is an exciting new program that explores early literacy, numeracy and language development while celebrating diverse cultures. Each session we …
Need more Information?
For more information about programs and fees, please contact our Program and Training Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org